Women in Tech
friday 8th march 2024
Join us on International Women's Day 2024
Here at MTF we’ve been committed to helping women residents of Greater Manchester in a practical way since our inception. Amy Naylor, our dedicated Digital and Social Inclusion Lead, is employed specifically to partner with our amazing sponsors to funnel resources to under privileged women and families across the region in several ways.
One of the ways we help is by collecting donations of baby food, tampons, nappies, and sanitary items at every single one of our events over the last two years and working specifically with foodbank partners that cater to women that have been victims of domestic violence.
“My career in tech has changed my life, but it’s not always been easy to get where I am today. I want to support more women from similar backgrounds like myself, get that first senior role and to make it a little less lonely when they get there”
Lauren Gibson, Organiser of MTF Women in Tech 2024.
What to Expect
Our Women in Tech conference is Unfiltered which means you will receive the same raw, authentic, brutal honesty from our speakers and panellists that you’ve come to expect of all MTF events.
The content is being carefully and deliberately curated. If any of these apply to you, then you should come along:
1) You are a woman in tech and you’re interested in becoming a;
- Team Lead
- Head of X
- Board Level
2) You want to find a community of intersectional, powerful, compassionate, and inclusive women who work in tech in Manchester.
3) You are currently in a leadership position and would like to meet and learn from other women in leadership.
4) You are an ally who believes that women deserve to have leadership roles and you want to deepen your empathy and learn what you can do to help us in a safe, non-judgemental space.
“This is the community that will get you there, and the conference we wish we’d had when we were starting out”
We’ll be discussing things on the day such as:
- Top 7 mistakes I made in my first 100 days of Leadership
- Why going from team member to manager is a career change, not a promotion
- Pet To Threat: What to do when your ‘champion’ starts to get threatened by you
- Lonely at the top: how do you forge connections as a woman leader?
- Want funding as a woman founder? Here’s 3 things I wish I knew
- When is it time to quit?
- Sales 101: The most important sales principles when thinking about going freelance
- From Freelancer to Founder – what to expect when you make the transition
Are you a man in tech, keen to be an ally and help us with our goals? This spot is for you! Take the stage and offer your help as a mentor, a guide, a champion – even just someone who can make connections and introductions that would benefit the women in our audience. We love having the right male allies in our corner and we need your help if the work is to continue!
Do you want to run a workshop at the Women In Tech conference? Should you be on that stage inspiring the next generation of women leaders? Are you happy to offer your mentoring services? Then we’d love to hear from you! Email [email protected]
Meet The Team
MTF’s Women in tech organising committee is a diverse group of women, who are striving to ensure that this event is intersectional. They have been selected both because of their expertise in the tech field, passion for the subject and varied lived experience.
They are open to taking feedback and suggestions on how this event can be made more accessible.
Head of Product
Recruitment Marketing Partner & Neurodiversity Consultant
Digital & Social Inclusion Lead
Head of Marketing
Friend’s Meeting House, 6 Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5NS.
Join us at the iconic Friends Meeting House in the City Centre for the day conference, and then onto DiSH for the afterparty with live music, specially themed cocktails and mocktails and a stand up comedian!
How to attend
Tickets for the full day conference including lunch, access to our Slack channel for Women In Tech to keep the conversation going, entrance to the afterparty and some great networking are £36.00
Want to be the first in line? Join our waiting list on the link below and we’ll send you an email
We are proud to say that all of our 2024 Manchester Tech Festival sponsors, are proud sponsors of Women in Tech [Unfiltered]
We have a number of sponsors who are going one step further and becoming a Patron of the Women In Tech. [Unfiltered] conference. You’ll be able to spot them because they’ll have exhibition stands with games, banners, advice and friendly networking opportunities at the venue! If you see someone with a stand – they’re a Patron and we love them for it!
To find out more about becoming a Patron email: [email protected]